There’s been a volley of comments on the NAfME Music Educator Central Q&A’s. If you haven’t already joined this community, you might consider checking it out. It’s a great resource for music teachers to share ideas and solve problems. Go to www.nafme.org, and then click on Amplify to join the all-member community. I’m sure many of you could add some interesting comments you’ve heard from students. Here are some of the responses.
- Are we playing today?
- I forgot my instrument.
- This piece is dumb.
- Do I have to practice?
- My parents bought me this cool purple (insert instrument here)!
- I can’t make it to the concert. I’ve got (insert sport here)
- I can’t play this.
- That’s not how (previous music teacher) did it.
- I couldn’t practice this week because my family went shopping on Saturday.
- I want my child to play drums, after all it’s just banging and anyone can do that.
Al-righty then – anyone care to add their own? Keep your sense of humor and keep moving forward!