Let’s face it – It’s hard to argue that San Diego doesn’t have one of the country’s great climates. Attractions and activities for students, both indoor and outdoor, are endless and diverse. It’s just simply an awesome destination for student groups.
- The Beaches – Ranked among the top in the nation, San Diego offers 17 miles of coastline with an ample array of beaches. With a little creativity, groups can enjoy sandcastle-building, surfing, picnicking, and bonfires. Mission Beach with Belmont Park (a nearby boardwalk amusement park) has a youthful, fun vibe. Beach bonfires are a possibility at Coronado Beach, La Jolla Shores, Ocean Beach, and Mission Beach. Imagine your group enjoying a group picnic with sand games, great food, and singing by a beach bonfire!
- Seaport Village combines souvenir shopping with on-your-own dining (including budget-friendly meal vouchers), and an option for performing.
- Old Town San Diego invites visitors to meander through its historic buildings and discover not-to-be-missed Mexican cuisine. Affordable and convenient, Old Town is just a few minutes from Mission Valley.
- Balboa Park offers 15 museums, spectacular gardens, public organ concerts on Sundays, and the famous San Diego Zoo. The San Diego Air & Space Museum, the Model Railroad Museum, Museum of Man, Museum of Art, and the Natural History Museum among many others contribute to Balboa Park being referred to as the “Smithsonian of the West.”
- The USS Midway Museum is a retired aircraft carrier and floating museum. One of San Diego’s most popular attractions, the USS Midway was the 20th Century’s longest-serving US Navy aircraft carrier. The museum also offers limited performing opportunities on deck.
- SeaWorld San Diego is a popular marine-life park on Mission Bay. Enjoy shows, experience thrill rides, and explore aquariums to learn about amazing animals.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park – located in nearby Escondido, is a hands-on safari experience where animals are free to roam in their natural habitat. Close encounters with the animals include exploring walking trails, riding in a caravan truck, cart, and even a zip line.
- San Diego Symphony – great music to be found here featuring world-class musicians at student-friendly pricing. Copley Symphony Hall opened in 1929 and provides a beautiful backdrop to some of the world’s greatest music.
- Hornblower Cruises – Take a 2-hour Bay Cruise around the famous landmarks of San Diego or enjoy a dinner cruises as a finale salute to a great weekend.
- San Diego Padres is a great option for student groups, Enjoy the game at Petco Park. Including a ball game in your itinerary is an easy way to corral your group for a fun experience, feed them all, and enjoy America’s pastime.
- Museum of Making Music – Located north of San Diego proper in Carlsbad, the Museum of Making Music (also known as the NAMM museum), has unique exhibits, live performances, and creative educational programs.
If you’re considering a relaxed trip for your group, San Diego encompasses historic, cultural, and fun experiences for your student. Two and a half hours south of L.A./Orange County area, a customized itinerary will showcase options hand-selected to interest your group and budget. Contact us at email@example.com to start the ball rolling for another great city to explore with your students.